Sunday, October 14, 2012

BUSY!

I feel like being in school and working a couple jobs all leads me to be "busy". I have very little time for other things because all the extra time that I do have, I am studying for the next test or something similar. Also, at times just to be able to spend time with Stephen we have a library date. We go to the library together and then study. HA! pretty pathetic I know. However, I can't help but to feel unfulfilled. I'm lacking in something or in some way. Well, today I realized what might be missing. If I am doing all these things for myself, what am I doing for others? When do I have time to serve others around me? I don't!
I decided it time to make time! And I don't just mean my friends and we go spend time together. I mean people who are really needing a friend or who just need a pick me up. It could be a relative or a complete stranger. It's time that I went out of my bubble and searched for others to help along the way. I haven't been like the good Samaritan. I've been one of the passer bys who can see someone needing help and just expects the next person to help them. Well if we all think that then when will they ever receive help?! I'm not talking about big elaborate things, I mean small and simple things. 
As I begin to do things for others and focus on that, I know that my life will be better, it will be more fulfilled and I will receive much more joy as my life shifts. 
Be that person who says HI to the girl that looks lonely. Talk to the man who looks lost. Be a friend to someone who may not have any, but most importantly, make time for the things that matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment